[Dovecot] Freebsd: fs quota / big maildir

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Dec 3 14:47:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 12:26 +0100, Geoffroy Desvernay wrote:
> I'm testing dovecot as courier-imap replacement.
>
> My setup:
> FreeBSD 6.1
> nfs homedirs on FreeBSD server
> ~/Maildir 's
> LDAP auth - bind_auth=yes
>
> Seems to work well in most cases, but:
>
> - No way to read a maildir with 35000+ messages (a freebsd mailing-list
> for some years)
> =>  Nov 21 12:11:42 host dovecot: child 7217 (imap) killed with signal 11

gdb backtrace of this would be really useful, see:

http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html

> - No way to have quota plugin reporting anything
> => quotactl(Q_GETQUOTA, /users/group) failed: Operation not supported

Quota plugin doesn't support getting quotas for NFS mounts. Someone
managed to kludge the code enough to make it work though, so if you
really need it I could probably find the mail.

BTW. Since you're using NFS, have you also checked
http://wiki.dovecot.org/NFS