[Dovecot] [IDEA] Shared Folders via LDAP Lookups

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Dec 3 12:56:55 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 14:55 +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
> Our idea is either in the namespace declaration or if a folder has a
> dovecot-shared file/symlink, have a ldap lookup defined in say,
> dovecot-ldap-shares.conf or dovecot-ldap.conf, that queries a dn and looks
> for memberUID or a group dn, then those uids/groups can get into the IMAP
> maildir.

I guess this could work as a simpler ACL plugin backend, if you only
needed "all access" vs. "none access". Or the ACLs could be defined in
LDAP as well. I'd rather not touch LDAP more than I have to, though. :)

I was also going to add support for defining multiple groups in
dovecot-auth (either as plain names or name=GID lists to give access to
multiple GIDs). Once that works, it's also possible to support group
ACLs in the vfile ACL backend too.