[Dovecot] Problems using Squirrelmail / Dovecot / Sendmail / Fedora Core 6 - ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server

Alexander Lapajne alexanderlapajne at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 23:13:27 UTC 2006

Hello

I just installed Fedora Core 6 and I'm having problems
with SquirrelMail. I'm  using
Squirrelmail/Dovecot/Sendmail and when I log into
Squirrelmail and try to view any folder that contains
any messages I get:

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: SORT (ARRIVAL) ISO-8859-1 ALL

Now, I've tried to disable  server side sorting in
Squirrelmail but that only leads to a new error
message:

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: FETCH 1:* (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE
BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date To Cc From Subject
X-Priority Importance Priority Content-Type)])

I'm using the default setup and POP3 mail is working.
Using Thunderbird I can read email using POP3. So the
problem only appears when using Squirrelmail. I had
the exact same setup in Fedora Core 5 and it was
working perfectly. Same config files and everything.