[Dovecot] Dovecot public folders ACL

Fintec mailing_list at fintec.co.nz
Tue Aug 29 23:42:25 EEST 2006

Are you using "real" users as opposed to "virtual"? I've been trying to
implement ACL controlled shared folders but couldn't as our set-up
requires the use of virtual users.

Specifically our problems are:
1) dovecot-acl file within public namespace directory isn't found
2) global ACLs (vfile) partially work with virtual users but when used:
        a) non-ACL restricted public namespace directories stop working
        b) permitted users are unable to view or create sub-folders

See: http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2006-August/015058.html and
rest of thread for more details.

If anyone has been successful with virtual users I'd love to hear about
it! If/when I can get ACLs working with virtual users we'll have a full
dovecot (imap) replacement for exchange server!

Gavin