[Dovecot] failed to start

Don Citarella dcitarella at xxxxxx.com
Sun Aug 27 02:53:31 EEST 2006

Hello,

i saw you posted on dovecot.org and was hoping you could assist with a
problem i have with dovecot.

I installed the attached file to webmin and clicked it said it installed
correctly:
Dovecot IMAP/POP3 Server in /usr/libexec/webmin/dovecot (372 kB) under
category Servers

I clicked the link and then clicked "Start Dovecot Server" from the webmin
panel and got this error:

Failed to start Dovecot :

I assume this means a file is missing. My config file looks like this:

dovecot=/usr/sbin/dovecot
dovecot_config=/etc/dovecot.conf
init_script=dovecot
pid_file=/var/run/dovecot/master.pid

There doesn't appear to be a dovecot directory in:

etc/rc.d/init.d/

Perhaps that's the issue?

I'm running Redhat Linux 4. Can you assist in any way? Any help is most
appreciated. Thanks,

Don