[Dovecot] RC7: its issues or mine?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Aug 24 05:55:48 EEST 2006

Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> writes:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

>>> "dovecot --exec-mail imap" is the correct way to do this.
>
>> Could you document this in some prominent place, inside the package?
>>
>> While this is shown on http://wiki.dovecot.org/CommandLine, I find it
>> awkward to go online to check. While a Wiki is a good complement to
>> share some cheats, may I ask for a complete documentation to ship with
>> the Dovecot tarball? Some systems even have policies as to manual pages.
>
> I find your attitude a bit demanding and unreasonable, Matthias, but
> maybe it is a language issue?

Certainly not a language issue.
It is a question and a hint beyond my own fancy.

> Dovecot is free software, so you are more than welcome to contribute to
> the project in any way you so choose, including documentation, so
> please, I'm sure Timo would appreciate the help.

I have in fact already reworked some documents in the Wiki, and writing
Dovecot documentation isn't my prime directive. I am involved in own OSS
projects -- one of them happens to get the messages out of Dovecot.
Go figure.

--
Matthias Andree