[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot 1.0rc5 + MySQL 5.0.24

Daniel Torreblanca regulatethis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:50:34 EEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm having an intermittent problem logging users in through a webmail
client (RoundCube). My maillog reports this:

auth(default): vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone away
imap-login: Disconnected: user=<sales at coppersinkdepot.com>,
method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

The MySQL server hasn't gone anywhere, I can log into it fine and
other apps report no problems with it.

Restarting Dovecot fixes this issue, but it'll just happen again later.

I'm on OpenBSD 3.9 using vpopmail.

I've looked through the mailing list archives but can't find any info
on this specific problem.

Any ideas?