[Dovecot] Can't Start dovecot from inetd

Joseph D. Wagner technojoecoolusa at charter.net
Tue Aug 22 11:44:34 EEST 2006

This one has me stumped.  After upgrading from dovecot-1.0-beta8 to
dovecot-1.0-rc6, I can't start dovecot from /etc/rc.d/init.d/dovecot.

I can start dovecot directly from the command line (/usr/sbin/dovecot).  I can still use /etc/rc.d/init.d/dovecot to query the status of dovecot and shutdown dovecot, but I can't use it to start dovecot.  It just says "FAILED".

diff scan of the two different versions of the /etc/rc.d/init.d/dovecot file says they're identical.

Ideas?

Joseph D. Wagner