[Dovecot] 1.0 RC7 released

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Sat Aug 19 15:16:05 EEST 2006

Timo,

My setup: Solaris 9 (soon to be 10), imap and imaps.  I had had
problems with rc4, rc5, rc6 and had remained at rc2.  rc7 died
a couple of hours after upgrading with the following syslog message:

Aug 18 10:45:01 emerald dovecot: [ID 920869 mail.error] Login process died
too early - shutting down

I went in and doubled login_max_processes_count and login_max_connections
in the conf file, restarted, and it has stayed up since then.  I had
to double these two settings during beta releases but not the early rc
releases.

A more useful syslog message might help others, something like
"too many connections".

Jeff Earickson
Colby College