[Dovecot] Supporting local and virtual LDAP users, with seperate mail_env

Tim Schafer tim_schafer at shipfsp.com
Fri Aug 18 02:22:01 EEST 2006

I've gone with option a) in order to proceed with testing.
I am going to need local and virtual users with independent mail_env.
How feasible would it be to allow dovecot to override default_mail_env
on a per userdb basis?

A static won't work in my case since the maildir path is derived from
info in LDAP.
I also haven't been able to get dovecot to use the uid from LDAP for %u
or %n as apposed to the cn which is what is used for authentication.

The good news is that so far the testing of performance looks promising
relative to the courier-imap we've been using :)

Regards,
Tim Schafer
Information Technology
                    Logistics Easier with Technology

Freight Solution Providers                    direct 916-376-6190
10453 Old Placerville Road                    fax    916-376-6156
Sacramento, CA 95827                      tim_schafer at shipfsp.com