[Dovecot] BSD people, please test kqueue changes

Andrew andrew at ugh.net.au
Thu Aug 17 21:38:59 EEST 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> of. The kqueue() manual page says that EV_ADD "modifies" the event if it
> already exists. What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that the
> filter is replaced, or that it's ORed into the existing one? The same

IIUC the filter fields are updated to match the new values. i.e. the later
event effectively replaces the earlier event.

> question for the EV_DELETE, does it delete everything or only those
> filters given in parameters?

Again, IIUC, only the event that EV_DELETE is set upon. Recall taht an
event is identified by a filter, ident pair.

> The code currently assumes ORing and EV_DELETE deleting only the given
> filters, since this is what the original code also did.

I don't think the ORing is correct. I can check if you like.

Andrew