[Dovecot] dovecot mbox to dovecot maildir migration

Michael Blancas mblancas at mozcom.com
Thu Aug 17 19:05:50 EEST 2006

Hi,

I'm migrating accounts from one server with dovecot mbox and pam
nss-ldap authentication to a new server with dovecot maildir and mysql
auth (no posix accounts).

My problem is the pop3 uidl format on the two servers are different,
even though I'm using pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv in both configs,
I'm always re-downloading left messages on my test runs. Is there a
way I could reuse the X-UID and X-IMAPbase headers on the converted
mails. Issuing the UIDL command via pop3 always give a different
result for the mbox and maildir spools.

The X-UID and X-IMAPbase headers are present in the converted mails.
The first number of X-IMAPbase maps to the mail UIDVALIDITY and the
second is the same as X-UID, the mail uid.

Thanks.