[Dovecot] duplicate uids in Outlook

Faisal Shaikh fss at webstar.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 16:47:22 EEST 2006

Hi,

I run a Postfix/Dovecot server with Outlook 2002, Thunderbird clients as
well as a Squirrelmail setup. All use IMAP to query the server.

I recently converted our mail spool from mbox to maildir.  After the
conversion, one of the users is receiving two types of error messages
which appear in a popup window.

1. The first popup says the following

The UI D of a message changed unexpectedly. This typically indicates a
server bug. Your program may not function properly after this.
It then gives details of the MsgSeqNum, old UID and the new UID.

2. The second popup says

Your server has reported a UID which does not comply with the IMAP
standard. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not
function properly after this.

Ive searched for this on google and it has been reported before, but
there are no reports of a solution or workaround.

I would really appreciate any pointers or suggestions.

Many Thanks,
Faisal Shaikh