[Dovecot] stale imap processes with 1.0.rc6 on FreeBSD

Martin Jackson mhjacks at swbell.net
Fri Aug 11 04:52:13 EEST 2006

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> So it's at least not in some infinite loop. What about ktrace, does it
>> show anything else than kevents?

I saw the same problem, but recompiled with WITH_KQUEUE=true.  Before, I
had ioloop=poll and eventloop=kqueue.  This caused strange behavior on
my FreeBSD 6.1 system.  Now I've got rc6 running with kqueue for both,
and things seem pretty good.  It looks like I have a couple of spare
imap processes, but they go away when I exit the clients (all
Thunderbird 1.5.0.5).

Thanks,
Marty