[Dovecot] RC5 Outlook POP3 problem

DNSExit Com dnsexit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 15:57:51 EEST 2006

We have been using dovecot v1.0 alpha3 for almost 1 year for our mail
hosting. It was running great until more accounts added to the hosting.

I have been trying to upgrade it to v1.0 rc5 and we have found that the RC5
has problem with Outlook (Express) with POP accounts. We are getting error
with POP3 on Outlook Express:

inactivity. Account: 'box5.dnsexit.com', Server: 'box5.dnsexit.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Do you know if this is a bug or it is our configuration problem? I tried it
on Thunderbird and it works great. Both Outlook and Outlook express fail.
Are there anyone getting the same problem?