[Dovecot] permissions warning on OpenBSD 3.9

Thomas Zajic zlatko at zlatko.fdns.net
Tue Aug 1 11:37:31 EEST 2006

* Geert Hendrickx, 2006-08-01 10:10

> On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 09:58:33AM +0200, Thomas Zajic wrote:
>> "Fixing" it with chmod() in line# 798 doesn't actually fix it, of course,
>> because chmod(), as opposed to lstat(), affects the link target rather
>> than the link itself.
>
> Use chmod -h.

I'm not talking about fixing it from the command line (no need to, as the
permissions are in fact correct), I'm talking about the chmod() call in
the dovecot source (src/master/master-settings.c, line# 798). ;-)

BTW my (command line) chmod doesn't know a "-h" option, what's it supposed
to do? Something with (not) following symlinks, I guess?

| [zlatko at disclosure]:~$ chmod -h
| chmod: invalid option -- h
| Try `chmod --help' for more information.
| [zlatko at disclosure]:~$ chmod --version | head -1
| chmod (coreutils) 5.2.1

Thomas