[Dovecot] Dovecot Error: Master requested auth for nonexisting client

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Tue Sep 27 23:18:02 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 15:36 -0400, Paul E Virgo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The subject line says it all. It seems to be happening with regards to
> my default auth setting in the dovecot.conf file. I currently have it
> set to 'plain'. Am I missing something? FWIW, I am using the latest,
> stable (alpha) release: 1.0.alpha3
>

> PE Virgo
I am also unable to login via imap after upgrading to v1.0.alpha3.
Tried with and without ssl, and allowing plain text logins as well.

Enabling auth debugging doesn't seem to provide anything useful.

client out: FAIL 1

I am using FC4 with almost all default configs except for disabling pop
and the allowing plain text logins. Selinux is disabled on this machine.

Regards,
Ted