[Dovecot] DSA support for TLS?

OpenMacNews OpenMacNews at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 25 07:46:59 EEST 2005

hi timo,

>> dovecot: Sep 18 16:28:19 Warning: imap-login: SSL_accept() failed:
>> error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared cipher [10.0.0.6]
>
> Well, this is the error and I don't know if I can do anything about
> that. Maybe it's a client problem?

thought so too ... i've posed questions to my client (Mulberry) email list. no
answer yet.

>>     ssl_cipher_list              =
>>     ALL:!SSLv2:!aNULL:!NULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!LOW:@STRENGTH
>
> What if you just put ALL here, does it then find a working cipher?

nope, same issue ...

> Anyway, I'm not all that familiar with SSL problems. Maybe you can get
> better answers from some OpenSSL-related mailing list.

fair enuf.

anyway, dsa is low priority for now, as rsa works great and can be made to work
for all clients.

for now, sieve operation/management is much more of a priority ... more on the
list later.

cheers,

richard