[Dovecot] Re: mailbox corruption

Noel Jones njones at megan.vbhcs.org
Wed Sep 14 20:42:44 EEST 2005

At 11:03 AM 9/14/2005, Yannick Majoros wrote:
>Kelly Sauke wrote:
>
>>Wietse Venema wrote:
>>>amavisd-new accesses mailboxe files, and what file locking
>>>mechanism would that be using?
>>>
>>>         Wietse
>>For what its worth, I'm seeing the exact same corruption as Yannick is
>>talking about and the only two pieces of software installed on my
>>machine are postfix and dovecot.  One of those two is the culprit, not
>>sure which one.
>Yep, I would think the same. This is not an evidence, but a strong
>doubt: the same problem is still present after replacing MailScanner
>by amavisd-new. It could be that it happens less often, although,
>but I need some time to make real stats...

Neither amavisd-new nor mailscanner access user mail storage; postfix
does the final delivery.  Don't let the content filter issue distract
you from the real problem.

It might be worthwhile to try switching both dovecot and postfix to
one of the other available locking schemes, but I don't know if that
will help any.

--
Noel Jones