[Dovecot] mailbox corruption

Yannick Majoros majoros at inma.ucl.ac.be
Wed Sep 14 08:08:06 EEST 2005

Hello,

 Here is the description of a problem we habe been having for some time.
Originally posted on the postfix-users mailing list, but no solution
found to date.

>>> This ^^^^^^^^^^   is probably your problem.
>>>

> I wouldn't be so quick to blame mailscanner.  I have fc4, postfix rpm
> and dovecot.  Nothing else and I get the same corruption he is talking
> about.

Ok, I removed MailScanner and I still have the very same problem.
Locking _does_ work for postfix and dovecot (discussed with Wietse,
partly by mail).

Any idea? As an alternative, is there a way of handling the problem
better? Dovecot just locks on these corrupt mailboxes :-/ I didn't try
Dovecot 1.0, as it is alpha and I don't have any package for that anyway
(production system :-/ ).

Thank you,

Yannick Majoros http://www.inma.ucl.ac.be/~majoros
Informaticien AUTO-INMA/FSA/UCL

CSAM
4, avenue G. Lemaître
B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgium
Tel: +32-10-47.80.10
Fax: +32-10-47.21.80
#JAPH : http://www.inma.ucl.ac.be/~majoros/japh.txt
Si vous avez des problèmes pour afficher ce message
(accents qui ne passent pas, signature électronique, ...) votre système
de mail n'est pas conforme aux
standards, voir
http://www.inma.ucl.ac.be/~majoros/email.html