[Dovecot] 1.0alpha1: another imap core, no assert

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Sep 11 15:21:23 EEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 10:34 -0400, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mailboxes on NFS, locked is running on both client and server (both
> Solaris 9).  dovecot.conf settings use the default:
>
> #mbox_read_locks = fcntl
> #mbox_write_locks = dotlock fcntl

What about lock_method, and are indexes in NFS or local disk?

> >> IMAP(user): UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file /var/mail/r/user

Does this happen often? I think there are some rarely occuring bugs in
Dovecot still related to this, but I haven't yet figured out how to
reproduce/fix them.

This can also happen if mbox has changed unexpectedly but also its
timestamp and file size hasn't changed from what Dovecot last had seen.
Pretty unlikely though..

Anyway, this problem isn't visible to users either. Dovecot just
re-syncs the whole mbox afterwards.