[Dovecot] Authenfication on 2 databases

LeeJaY leejay at libremail.net
Sat Sep 10 13:26:17 EEST 2005

Lorens a écrit :

> I have a database with mixed MD5 and crypt passwords, this
> worked with Courier and not with dovecot, so I tell dovecot to
> look in two databases, one containing md5 and the other crypt,
> but the SQL databases are the same, only the password encryption
> definition in the dovecot config file changes.

Ok, but for me, the databases 1 and 2 are different (schemas, cell).
But the password encryption are the same.

> > Mon accent sonne si français que ça ou les headers du mail vous ont
> > aidé ?
>
> :-)

>                            ^^^^^^
>                  ^^^
>
> + libremail, plus I did check the headers when I decided to
> throw in some French :-)

I sorry for french words :)

> > Si vous comprennez le français, c'est plus simple pour exposer mon
> > problème.
>
> It was perfectly comprehensible first time around :-) (I hope my
> English is as comprehensible to you, it feels unnatural to me to
> write French on an English-language mailing-list).

I understands and I continue has to write in
English.  I will perfect my English at the same time.

> If I were you I'd play with it: logs show only one SQL request,
> but is that because the second is not taken into account by
> dovecot, or because the secod definition is wrong in some way?
> Do users in the first database (db1) authenticate correctly?  If
> so, what happens when you invert the lines, so db2 is before
> db1?  If users in db1 continue to authenticate correctly that
> means that the problem is in the definition of db2, if users in
> db1 do not auth OK any more but users in db2 do auth OK that
> means the problem is with dovecot only taking first database.

The two databases are correct syntax. If in config, I put that the base
1, it works. if i change base for the base 2, it works too. thus is not
a problem of syntax or configuration, but more the impression that
dovecot will not check the user who does not exist in the first base in
the second. Bug ?? I don't know

> By the way, do you *have* to have two distinct database
> definitions?  Select from union, select join?

Yes and the two database aren't in the same server, thus impossible use
union.