[Dovecot] rawlog missing from 1.0a1?

Jeroen Scheerder Jeroen.Scheerder at phil.uu.nl
Tue Sep 6 10:06:07 EEST 2005

Gregory Bond wrote:

> The code is in utils/rawlog.c but it never seems to be called anywhere?

Did you configure/compile it with the "--with-rawlog" flag?

You should get a utility, "rawlog",  that you can enable in your dovecot.conf.

In my settup (this is a single line, broken by me for my mailer's convenience):

   mail_executable = /phil/sw/sunos/sparc/libexec/dovecot/rawlog \
     /phil/sw/sunos/sparc/libexec/dovecot/imap

Run dovecot in such a configuration, and create a "dovecot.rawlog" directory
in your home dir.  If that directory exists, and the rawlog process is
configured as a wrapper for your imap process, you get raw logging.