[Dovecot] POP3 problem about multi users from one IPaddressconcurrent

Yi Xuan xuanyi365 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 07:31:29 EEST 2005

I have found some clue.

When one of 6 users tried to receive his mails(40M), always failed to fetch
the 5th mail.
And then all tcp/ip connections reset for a while(about 5-10 minutes).
if he delete his mail account from outlook.
Then all things go well.

Which reasons may cause this phenomenon?
Would you pls provide some clues about source design,especially the RST
cases?

We setup the FC3 system on 2005/6/18, and copy the user XXX data from
orignal FC1 system to FC3 /var/spool/mail/XXX.
I noticed that his earliest mail unfetched is 2004/12/9.
Is it possible that this is caused by possible data crash or data format
dismatch?

And what can I do to resolve it?

>From: "Yi Xuan" <xuanyi365 at hotmail.com>
>To: dovecot at dovecot.org