[Dovecot] Problem in dovecot 0.99 - login username case sensitive create fake maildirs

Max CtRiX ctrix at navynet.it
Mon Sep 5 10:36:48 EEST 2005

Hello,

I have noticed a weird behaviour in dovecot 0.99 which, I hope, is not
replicated in 1.0-alpha.

First I have to say that it works very well.
So if I login with user foo at bar.com, the maildir is created.

But when I log in with User FOO at BAR.COM, or FOO at BAR.com, then
two other maildirs are created. Authentication is ok (I'm using mysql
backend) but no mails are obviously found.

Maybe a solutions would be adding some config item to turn lowercase the
maildir path or authentication tokens (received from client) at login time.

Or maybe I am missing something. Is there a solution for this problem
out there ?

Thanks,
  Massimo