[Dovecot] extra characters after mailbox names

Paul lists at pote.com
Wed Oct 5 04:38:29 EEST 2005

After installing alpha3, when I view a list of my IMAP mailboxes in Pine
4.64 on Linux, several of the mailbox names are followed by odd
characters: ., ~, and _. So the list of mailboxes looks like:

INBOX
saved_
sent-mail~
Biz
Service.
Home_

and so forth. The distribution of the characters remains the same
throughout the Pine session, but is different every time I restart Pine.

It doesn't happen in Pine 4.63 or any other client, but I associate it
with Dovecot rather than Pine because it started exactly when I upgraded
Dovecot today, rather than five days ago when I upgraded Pine.

 	Paul