[Dovecot] Is Timo OK?

Obantec Support support at obantec.net
Tue Nov 29 17:26:45 EET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Wakelin" <c.d.wakelin at reading.ac.uk>
To: "Udo Rader" <udo.rader at bestsolution.at>
Cc: <dovecot at dovecot.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Is Timo OK?

> He's made a few CVS commits in last couple of weeks, including a start
> on a new mailbox format called "dbox". If you're not on the CVS mailing
> list, look at http://www.dovecot.org/nightly/ChangeLog
>
> He seems to go through his Dovecot "Inbox" once every few weeks
> answering all our questions ;) but it's been a while!
>
> He's also been active on the IRSSI2 project
> http://dovecot.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/irssi2/ChangeLog?rev=HEAD&view=auto
>
> Chris
<snip>

I had wondered where Timo was (he usually reply's very prompt).

I have posted 2 requests for help re lock files on mbox but nobody has
replied.

3rd time of posting

FC3 and dovecot1.0 stable using mbox files under /var/spool/mail/username
where username is the mbox file.

I have 1 user who has a lock file username.lock

Why does this happen and how do i remove the lock so the mails held in the
queue get delivered to the mbox

Please Please help or point me in the right direction.

Mark