[Dovecot] Shared Mailboxes, Per User SEEN flag and Mailing lists

Reikan - Sidney Ferreira sidney at reikan.com.br
Sat Nov 19 17:01:28 EET 2005

	Well, here's an example of what I have in mind:

	Suppose a programmers server, each one has Inbox, Outbox, etc. Now, we
also have the following shared boxes: C/C++, PHP/Perl, HTML/CSS, MySQL,
PostGreSQL.
	Each user may signup for one or more of this shared boxes, being able
to mark what they read and what they didn't read.
	The reason, as I said, is to sabe space. Imagine 12000 users, 5
mailboxes, 2 messages a day, it would be 117MB a day!
	If I understood properly (what I don't think I did), this hardlink
would be like the file aliases, so, I woul have 1 original message of
1KB and 12000 aliases to this message, wich wouldn't use much space.
	The main point is that I want make it all web based, so, no
downloading-and-deleting work, but, syncronizing.

	I hope this help you to help me ^^