[Dovecot] Authentication hanging with 1.0alpha4 - mysql issue?

Søren P. Skou sps at t-rex.dk
Fri Nov 18 10:44:25 EET 2005

Thus spake brock at theskeptik.com, on Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 11:18:38PM -0600:

> Killing and restarting dovecot immediately fixes the problem, although it reappears after 30 minutes to an hour.
I'm seeing the same problem - the only thing I can relate it to is a
timeout in MySQL. Since having a client checking every minute will
prevent this from ever happening. But standing around being idle will
eventually make Dovecot hang.

Strangely enough though, the PAM auth just keeps on running (I have both
configured).

I've tried toying around with different values for timeout in MySQL,
but to little avail, nothing seems to be doing the trick.

I'm currently running on FreeBSD 6.0 with a MySQL 5.0. But have seen the
exact same symptomes under 5.4 with mysql 4.X - so I'm guessing it is a
"keepalive" handler that gets screwed somehow.

Not much I can do to help you there, but at least there are someone else
with the same problem ;-)

Friendly Greetings
S. P. Skou

--