[SOLVED] Re: [Dovecot] Dovecot dead after upgrade of MySQL

Saurabh Barve sa at atmos.colostate.edu
Thu Nov 17 18:47:38 EET 2005

Hi,

I got this working. I had missed out on a package MySQL-shared-compat. This package is not generated by default from the source RPM. I had to get it manually from "ftp://ftp.orst.edu/pub/mysql/Downloads/MySQL-5.0/MySQL-shared-compat-5.0.15-0.i386.rpm". I installed this package and restarted dovecot. Now works fine.

Thanks,
Saurabh

John Peacock wrote:
> Saurabh Barve wrote:
>
>> I upgraded my MySQL installation on my FC2 machine from the 3.23
>> version to the newest 5.0 version. Now dovecot won't start. It gives
>> me the error : 'dovecot dead but subsys locked'. I am using
>> dovecot-0.99-14.
>

> Did you rebuild dovecot with the new libraries?  If you removed the
> MySQL 3.23 libraries, there would be nothing for dovecot to run against.
>  For that matter, I doubt that anyone has built dovecot with MySQL 5.0
> yet, so I'm not even sure that it is possible.
>
> HTH
>
> John

"Yours is to work. The results will take care of themselves"
-- Swami Vivekanand

Saurabh Barve
sa at atmos.colostate.edu
(970)491-7714