[Dovecot] mysql dovecot 1.0alpha4

Pierre Laplante laplante at sednove.ca
Wed Nov 9 16:45:43 EET 2005

I try to authenticate using mysql and I always get access denied.
I wrote a program in C that connect to the database and it work.
I put the code within driver-mysql.c and it failed!!!

My question is do you set up anything (SSL?) that could explain this
failure.

thanks.
Here is the code
 MYSQL *h;

 h = mysql_init (NULL);
 if (h == NULL) {
   fprintf (stderr, "mysql_init() failed (probably out of memory)\n");
   exit(1);
 }

 if (mysql_real_connect (
                         h, /* pointer to connection handler */
                         "localhost", /* host to connect to */
                         "lyra", /* user name */
                         "xxxxxxx", /* password */
                         "lyra", /* database to use */
                         0, /* port (use default) */
                         NULL, /* socket (use default) */
                         0) /* flags (none) */
     == NULL) {

   fprintf (stderr, "mysql_real_connect() failed:\nError %u (%s)\n",
            mysql_errno (h), mysql_error (h));
   exit (1);
 }