[Dovecot] Asserion Failure in Current CVS

Anders Lund anders.lund at uninett.no
Mon Nov 7 16:33:35 EET 2005

Michael Paesold wrote:
> For Postfix and Dovecot, the methods are the same for your configuration,
> but procmail uses them the other way round. So if you use procmail for mail
> delivery, this *could* cause problems, I guess.
>
> Can you try to set locking for postfix and dovecot mbox to "dotlock fcntl"
> instead of "fcntl dotlock" and see if that improves your situation.

I've implemented this change now.

Anyone know it it's possible to change the way Procmail does locking
without recompiling?

My setup is now:

Postfix:
mailbox_delivery_lock = dotlock, fcntl

Dovecot:
lock_method = dotlock
mbox_read_locks = dotlock fcntl
mbox_write_locks = dotlock fcntl

"procmail -v" gives me:
Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl()

Had to set

mmap_disable=yes

for Dovecot for this to work, otherwise I get:

lock_method=dotlock and mmap_disable=no combination isn't supported. You
don't _really_ want it anyway.

So, cross my fingers and hope for improvements. :)

- Anders

--
 Anders Lund <Anders.Lund at uninett.no>             .~.
 UNINETT, N-7465 Trondheim, Norway               / V \