[Dovecot] deleteing e-Mail, quota and dovecot

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Mon Nov 7 10:13:15 EET 2005

Hi,

we run a RHEL4 E-Mail-Server with dovecot-0.99.11-2.EL4.1. we use mbox
and most users use imap. So I have set quota for the devices where the
user mailfiles are saved.

No I'm getting the situation, that users exide there quota but yet not
the grace limit and the user isn't able to delete messages.

e.g. the the soft limit is 100 MB, the hard limit is 110 MB. So there
should be some space to delete unneeded emails.

Am i thinking the wrong way? Or how should the quota-system work in this
situation?

Thanks for any ideas!

Regard

Götz