[Dovecot] pop3 retr error

Jens Laas jens.laas at data.slu.se
Tue Jun 28 10:01:57 EEST 2005

(05.06.28 kl.03:52) Timo Sirainen skrev följande till Jens Laas:

> On 27.6.2005, at 10:46, Jens Laas wrote:
>
>> The bug is really strange since everything I can log/see about the
>> conversion between dovecot and tbird suggests tbird has the bug.
>> BUT when I run tbird with other pop3 server it works.
>
> Well, maybe this is simply because many other servers ignore the problem? UW,
> Courier and qmail-pop3d at least do. Then again Cyrus, popa3d and qpopper
> give error message. Anyone wish to try to reproduce the problem with them?

We run qpopper here which works with tbird.
(evolution works with dovecot though :)

Packet split might be it. But I cant really understand how that would
trigger this either.

> Anyway the simplest fix for Dovecot is to make it also ignore the error.
> src/pop3/commands.c line 47 comment out the if (client->deleted) { ... }
> block. Although that ignores a bit too many errors.. If the bug can be
> reproduced with other servers I'll make up some workaround option which
> ignores it only with DELE.

Not reproduced with qpopper atleast.
In case of work around it should check that it is the last message
deleted. But .. it looks so ugly :-(

Jens

     'This mail automatically becomes portable when carried.'
     Jens Låås                              Email: jens.laas at data.slu.se
     Department of Computer Services, SLU   Phone: +46 18 67 35 15
     Vindbrovägen 1
     P.O. Box 7079
     S-750 07 Uppsala
     SWEDEN