[Dovecot] imap corrupted indexes

Emmett Pate emmett at epate.com
Mon Jun 27 19:30:42 EEST 2005

I've searched the archives and find a lot of references to corrupted indexes
but can't seem to find any solutions.  It seems like folks either have the
problem or they don't.

We recently migrated from a RedHat Linux server to an OpenBSD 3.7 server (both
using dovecot).  Imap was working flawlessly on the RedHat box but now gives
numerous index errors.  I then upgraded to dovecot-1.0-test66 compiled from
ports - still no luck.  Here's an example of the errors:

Jun 27 12:02:23 mail dovecot: IMAP(epate): Corrupted transaction log file
/home/epate/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.log: Keyword record UIDs are broken
Jun 27 12:02:24 mail dovecot: IMAP(epate): Lost transaction log file
/home/epate/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.log seq 7

I found references to "disabling indexing" but they don't say how.  Would this
be a reasonable temporary solution?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Emmett Pate