[Dovecot] password scheme

Nathalie Boulos nathalieboulos at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 17:52:55 EEST 2005

Hi,

I have dovecot-0.99.11-1.FC3.4 running on fedora core
3, and authenticating with openLDAP on a remote
server.

When i try to authenticate, i get the error "Unknown
password scheme SSHA". I read that earlier on this
mailing list, SSHA was not suported by dovecot.

Is it supported now? what should i do to make my
password authentication work? The users in the
openLDAP database have userPassword {SHA} already used
by other services, so  i cannot change them.
Any suggestions?

Regards,

Nathalie