[Dovecot] GSSAPI support status

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Fri Jun 17 20:27:56 EEST 2005

Hi list!

I'm wondering, what is the current status of GSSAPI (krb5) support in
Dovecot? I know from googling that there used to be a patch for it
around a year ago, but I haven't seen a trace of that patch ever since,
and GSSAPI doesn't even seem to be mentioned in the Dovecot source tree
(at least not according to "grep -irl").

Is GSSAPI planned at all, as it stands? If not, is there a way for me to
get my hands on the original patch, so that I can fix it up for the
current version of Dovecot? I'm eagerly waiting for the day that I can
switch from UW-IMAP to Dovecot, but I don't want to until I can get
GSSAPI authentication.

Thanks for reading!

Fredrik Tolf