[Dovecot] Compressed maildir

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Thu Jun 16 02:49:26 EEST 2005

Andrey Panin wrote:
> On 166, 06 15, 2005 at 04:54:21PM +1000, Curtis Maloney wrote:
>
>>Greetings,
>>
>>	I noticed a while back someone posted a patch/plugin that allowed
>>	Dovecot to use compressed mbox files.  I'm now wondering how far that would
>>put us from having compressed maildir?
>

> Been here, done that :) You can try the attached patch, it's a little ugly, but
> works on the production server for more than 2 months.

Thanks, Andrey.

You're the only person who hasn't taken this as an opportunity to tell me why
I'm wrong or give me a quick lesson in admining.  I wanted to float the idea,
not have people try to solve my space issues.

Perhaps I should have phrased it as the space constraints inspired the idea...
oh well.

Now I just need either to back-port this to 0.99.14, or for Timo to add keywords
to 1.0.  (keywords is responsible for .customflags, isn't it?  nobody wants to
confirm this for me ):

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net