[Dovecot] Compressed maildir

dean gaudet dean-list-dovecot at arctic.org
Thu Jun 16 01:29:15 EEST 2005

if space is an issue then mbox is a better choice than maildir... a lot
less space wasted on directory/inode metadata and less space wasted on the
tails of every message.  if you've got a 4096 byte block size filesystem
without fragments then you're wasting 2048 bytes per message.

depending on the avg message size in your maildirs you might not even save
much at all due to the tail problem.

-dean