[Dovecot] Debugging test72

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 14 13:00:52 EEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 09:50 -0700, Doug Luce wrote:
> > I can't really see how this could happen.. You can reproduce this every
> > time? Does it matter what the source or destination mailboxes are?
>
> I can reproduce it every time I save a message to any folder
> collection subfolder.  I haven't tried yet to a non-subfolder
> collection.

This looks like some problem with 64bit systems since you're the only
one having problems with it. I don't have any 64bit systems currently
working where I could test this.

> > Could you show output of these commands in gdb:
>
> (gdb) p *map
> $1 = {refcount = 537733560, hdr = {major_version = 4 '\004',
>      minor_version = 0 '\0', base_header_size = 0, header_size = 0,
..

This is entirely corrupted. I tried to look at what could cause it, but
couldn't really find anything.

> >> Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
> >> 0x130247908 in kill () from /lib/libc.so.5
> >
> > SIGABRT? I was expecting SIGSEGV. Does it write something to log? Is the
> > backtrace different after the SIGABRT?
>
> Here's from /var/log/messages:
>
> Jun  7 18:44:36 aurora dovecot: execv(libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth)
> failed: No such file or directory

Not related to that crash..