[Dovecot] Re: assertion failed -0.99 -> 1.0-stable

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Thu Jun 9 13:02:39 EEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:19:31PM +0000, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 14:46 +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:

> > --> I can't understand why since /opt/dovecot/c is rwxrwxrwt and belongs
> >     to root:wheel
>
> Was cxxx created then? Anyway one of the mkdir() calls which tried to
> create that path failed with that error..

I don't think so. This is strange since other users index directories
were created normally.

> > 3. dovecot: IMAP(xxxx): UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file /yyyy/zzzz/xxxx/Mail/Drafts
>
> Well, shouldn't happen but not a real problem unless it happens
> constantly.

What is that partial sync about ?

> > 4. dovecot: IMAP(xxxx): file istream-raw-mbox.c: line 383 (istream_raw_mbox_get_body_size): assertion failed:
> > +(rstream->body_offset != (uoff_t)-1)
>
> Probably means the mbox has CR+LF linefeeds?

You're right : that INBOX do have CR+LF linefeeds. I don't know where
they come from.

> 1.0-stables don't handle
> them well yet. IMAP clients can't create CR+LF linefeeds, so they must
> have come somewhere else.

What can I do then ? Is there a way to work this around ?  Besides, do
you mean that I wouldn't have had this problem with a 1.0-tests ?

One other problem I forgot to mention :

when I switched back (because of that assertion failed problem) from
1.0-stable down to 0.99, my maillog file (I had chosen to log through
syslog) was flooded with such messages :

--
dovecot-auth: BUG: login gave a PID of existing connection
dovecot-auth: Login process 15 disconnected

--> I cannot understand how this can happen, since, I

  . shot down -stable
  . installed 0.99 instead
  . started 0.99

Thus clients faced a closed TCP connection.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau