[Dovecot] Re: dovecot Digest, Vol 26, Issue 5

Han-Wen Nienhuys hanwen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 4 12:46:45 EEST 2005

dovecot-request at dovecot.org wrote:
 >Am Samstag, 4. Juni 2005 01:31 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
 >
 >>> I'm seeing terrible performance. Sometimes, my client needs several>
 >
 >(...)
 >
 >>> How can I debug this problem? I'm running dovecot .99.14 on a Mac Mini
 >> (OS X 10.3,  512 mb, 80 gb).
 >

 >mbox or maildir?

Maildir.

Listing or opening the directory via the OS is rather slow, btw,

maagd:~/Maildir/.sent$ time du
220240  ./cur
0       ./new
0       ./tmp
234776  .

real    1m35.207s
user    0m0.060s
sys     0m1.850s
maagd:~/Maildir/.sent$

 >I'm using an Am486DX4-100 with 64 MB to serve my personal mail. (about
 >650
 >MB distributed over about 100 imap folders)

indeed, so 160 mb on a beefier machine shouldn't be a problem.

--
  Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwen at xs4all.nl - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen