[Dovecot] Corrupted mailboxes

Vincent Jaussaud tatooin at kelkoo.com
Mon Jan 31 17:18:22 EET 2005

Hi Timo, and thanks for your reply.

> Is procmail using same file locking mechanisms as Dovecot? procmail -v
> and mbox_file_locks in dovecot.conf should show it.

Yes.

procmail -v:
Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl()

dovecot.conf:
mbox_locks = fcntl

> > The only way to fix it when this happens, is to manually edit the file,
> > and remove the first line feed at the very beginning of the mailbox
> > file.
>
> Is it always the first LF?

Yes.

Actually, deleting the user completely from the system, and recreating
it seems to fix the problem. That's weird.

> Anyway, 0.99.x's mbox support isn't very good. If you can't get it to
> work I'd suggest using 1.0-test61.

Unfortunately, it's for a production environment... so we are actually
waiting for the final 1.0 release.

Thanks for providing dovecot to the Internet community.

Vincent.

--
Vincent Jaussaud
Kelkoo.com Security Manager
email: tatooin at kelkoo.com
GPG key: 1024D/3BFE3FC7 2002-02-07

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one."
    -- President Thomas Jefferson.    1743-1826