[Dovecot] kqueue errors in maillog

Chris Phillips SysAdmin at Rainbow-IT.net
Sun Jan 30 22:25:39 EET 2005

Hello Dovecot,

Version:  dovecot-1.0-test61
OS:  FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE i386
Client:  Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (on WinXP, FreeBSD & Mac OS X)

The maillog entries concerning me: -
Jan 30 16:16:37 venus dovecot: imap-login: Login: user [10.6.8.3]
Jan 30 16:16:37 venus dovecot: imap-login: couldn't remove filter with kqueue:
Bad file descriptor
Jan 30 16:16:37 venus dovecot: IMAP(user): couldn't remove filter with kqueue:
No such file or directory

I see these messages many times in the maillog, with the client(s) idle (no
interaction from me).

Please can anyone shed any light on something that I may have neglected to do on
installation, or perhaps what might be happening/wrong?

Regards,

Chris Phillips.

Scanned for viruses by MailDefender