[Dovecot] Moving to Dovecot

Matt Saunders matts at yoyo.org
Mon Jan 24 01:29:56 EET 2005

Hi there,

I'm currently running IMAP with Courier and POP3 with Solid-POP3d.  I'd
like to migrate IMAP and POP3 to both use Dovecot.

All this works fine in testing, except for the fact that I have two
types of users for legacy reasons.

One type of user has a Maildir-style inbox at ~/Maildir/

The other type has a mbox-style inbox at ~/Mailbox

Is it possible to make Dovecot look for both?  As far as I can see I'd
need default_mail_env to accept multiple names, something like this:

    default_mail_env = maildir:~/Maildir/ mbox:~/Mailbox

...but it doesn't, so I'm stuck. :-(

By default, Dovecot would work for me if I moved all my users' ~/Mailbox
files to ~/mail/inbox but I really don't want to have to do that if at
all possible as that'll break other custom stuff.

Does anyone have any ideas?

[ Apologies if this is a FAQ - I've had a good Google around and a look at
the mail archives but can't find the info. ]

TIA,
Matt.
--
  Matt Saunders   http://www.yoyo.org/matts/contacts/
  "This is getting very silly. Too silly."