[Dovecot] 0.99.14-rc1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 19 02:24:58 EET 2005

On 19.1.2005, at 02:16, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> 	- mbox: Don't allow X-UID headers in mails to override the UIDs we
> 	  would otherwise set. Too large values can break clients and
> 	  possibly Dovecot itself.

Looks like Dovecot itself doesn't break:

Error: Reached maximum UID in mailbox mail/.imap/INBOX/.imap.index,
rebuilding index

Then it will reassign new UIDs for mails. 1.0-tests don't do that
anymore, have to fix that some day.

Thunderbird and probably several others will break with UIDs larger
than 2^31 because they use signed integers to store UIDs. That could be
considered a bug, since IMAP RFC specifies UIDs are 32bit..