[Dovecot] Dovecot + Xmail Setup Howto

Radu Spineanu radus at smartpost.ro
Mon Jan 17 10:52:08 EET 2005

Hello
Chris L. Franklin wrote:
> OK I finally found time to write this. (this is for dovecot 99.X and
> Xmail 1.X >= 1.17)
> (in dovecot 1.0 it'll able to auth against Xmail via a auth script. aka
> You'll only need to have 1 user account databases, XMAIL's YAY !!!)

This is kind of a weird hack.
I would be a lot easier to write an authentication module for dovecot
that uses CtrlClnt to see if a client exists. (i'm not jumping into this)

Also maybe i can talk to Davidel to add a parameter in server.tab
to set other user/group permissions to the domains spool.

Radu