[Dovecot] Squirrelmail - messages not marked as read

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 19:29:21 EET 2005

--- Michael Joy <mdjoy at phy.olemiss.edu> wrote:

> This behavior has been broken with squirrelmail in .99.11 and
> .99.12, and
> bugged the hound out of people as it was resetting their pop3 read
> flags on
> all the mail on the server. Ie, after logging into squirrelmail,
> all your
> pop3 mail downloads again.

I think it will be possible to find the cause and fix this.

The reliability of the Squirrelmail/dovecot combination has been
very good to this point and the dovecot author believes in making
it compatible with various clients. Doing this even though it might
be
argued that this or that client is 'at fault'.

Working around the various bugs in Microsoft mail clients is
a good example of this philosophy.

-kim