[Dovecot] Maildir configure problem

Mirko Schulze mschulzepr at web.de
Wed Jan 12 18:45:33 EET 2005

Hi,

i want to configure the maildir support.
We are using a "multi-level" maildir, so i'm not sure about the
default_mail_env command.

the Maildir for the user testuser1 at dev.test.de is located here:

.../mailboxes
    /t                      (first char of the top-domainname)
        /te                 (the first both chars of the top-domainame
            /test.de        (the top domain)
                /dev        (the subdomain)
                    /testuser1 (the username)
                        /Maildir

actually i'm using this command (I know, thats not complete *smile*):

default_mail_env = maildir:/............./mailboxes/%1d/%2d/%d/%n/Maildir

How can i name the subdomain? And is %d only the topdomain, like
"test.de" in my example?

Thanx a lot for your help

Regards
Mirko