[Dovecot] Re: delivery agent in 1.0?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 10 20:12:18 EET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 00:36 +0200, Apostolos Papayanakis wrote:
> 	I hope there will soon be a plain delivering tool for dovecot 1.x. I
> could use it right away as the delivering step with procmail, which would
> run it under recipient's uid and context (all recipients are real unix users
> in my case).

I'll try to get it done soon.

> 	Without a local delivery agent, dovecot will always seem slower than
> its rivals when opening INBOXes with new mails, especially large ones,
> because of index creation delays.

So you're using mboxes? If nothing else than Dovecot is modifying mboxes
(adding mail is fine), you could use:

mbox_very_dirty_syncs = yes

Then the mbox is re-read only when absolutely necessary (something else
has modified the mbox and mails aren't where they're expected). I've
been using it for a few months (or whenever it was I added that
feature), works fine.